Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ac only blows outside temp air and for the life of me I can't figure it out. I checked clutch gap at 0.029 changed the orifice tube checked the blend door and changed the dryier on the recommendation of a local shop. They said I had an o-ring leak st the compressor and the dryier was bad. Replaced and had a recharge done. Still warm air. I can say the clutch cycles once every 5-10 seconds which seems fast. The all tube with the orifice tube In It feels cool to the touch and the larger tubes feel warm. The air flow does sseem weak but this Is my firest ford that I cared to have air in so I don't know if it blows like it should. I'm going to cheak the evap tonight to see if it is clogged or the airflow is blocked but please sozone give me a direction to go. This ac problem is driving me nuts

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
take the nut off that holds the clutch onto the compressor then pull the front of the cluych off and there will be a little shim either stuck to the clutch when you pull it out or still on the shaft. Remove that shim and reinstall without it and see what it does as I did that to mine 3 years ago and its still ice cold with no problems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
does the clutch kick in ? does it squeel? I recently had mine, blowing warm i replaced oriface, accumulator, new compressor for under 300$ with the freeon and oil , fixed my problem, the main reason for replacing the other stuff outside of the compressor is autozone only does like a 30 or 90 day warranty on the compressor unless u change accumulator and orifcace at the time the compressor is replaced

1 - 3 of 3 Posts