Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Im new on the here though i have come to this site before for help. I couldn't find a thread with the answers im looking for. So im sorry if this has been covered before.

My A/C clutch has no power. Fuse is good. I tried to jump the connector out to trick it to come on and, nothing. I followed the wiring harness down stream to the next connector to see if it was damaged or burnt up, it looks to be in good condition. Im not sure where to go from there. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it!

·
7,985 Posts
ac clutch gets it power from the low pressure switch. if refrigerant is low, the switch will open and no power will be sent to the clutch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The low pressure switch is what i jumped out. It will come on with that thinking the pressure is correct right? Thats what has worked for me in the past.

·
7,985 Posts
it should. are you getting power into the low side switch?
there is also a high pressure switch that will open cutting power to the clutch if something in the system plugs up and head pressure rises over around 400 PSI

·
don't play well w others
3,659 Posts
Low pressure switch is by the dryer
high pressure switch is by the compressor

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have had several trucks that the pressure switch connector pigtail on the compressor have had bad connections and caused the compressor to be inoperable. Try wiggling that connection or gently crimping the connectors to get a better connection .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I have had several trucks that the pressure switch connector pigtail on the compressor have had bad connections and caused the compressor to be inoperable. Try wiggling that connection or gently crimping the connectors to get a better connection .
Yup! Same with mine. Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts