Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
john
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my ? is do 99 super duty have forged rods? build date 3/99 are these good engines for rebuild or should i just get 1 thats running?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Yes if it's the orig engine it has forged rods. Also that's a late 99 so it has the updated turbo and some other upgrades as well. I don't know what they all are.as mine is an early one. I'm sure someone will jump in that knows more than I. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Cut off date is early Dec 98 any built after that is a late 99 with the upgrades

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Not a problem. Now remember some upgrades came earlier, they kinda worked them in like some of the small stuff. My powerstroke badges are at the frt of the fender , later on the moved to the door. There were a lot, frt hubs, turbo, etc. I still haven't figured them out.

·
john
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm never really noticed badges being diff mine are on door how do you tell diff on intake i see alot of ? about 2 or 3 inch is this the diam of holes?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I think the smaller ones are on the obs, 97 & older ones not sure. Your up pipes and boots are the usual places to loose boost. Here is a pic of mine. While replacing the torque conv they saw a small spot of soot and this is what my up pipes looked like so They replaced them also. Also check the rubber hose going to the map sensor. The hose goes from the turbo pedistal to the sensor mounted to the pass side on the a/c box. The fitting going into the turbo ped was loose on mine also. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts