Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased, or well I will sign papers in a couple days a early 99 Powerstroke. It is bone stock and just wondering what I can do just to give it a little more go.. Not doing injectors or turbos or any of that bs.. Just wanting a couple hints to get a little more power pulling a load. Thanks

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
AFE intake, Maybe an exhaust and a custom tuned chip from one of our vendors here on the site, they will set you up for whatever your needs are

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
How many miles?Chances are if they are higher miles you should replace them anyways so I wouldn't rule that out yet.Not to mention single shots get better milage.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
On a budget.

Delete muffler and stick a hunk of 3 1/2 in pipe in there, about 20 bucks or so.
A shot piece of 4" pipe a couple of clamps and a6637 air filter 50 bucks or so.
A chip from a custom tuner, you can find a used one for a couple hundred or less, and have it burned for your truck.

Tricumaltor springs from DI, they are cheap and easy to install.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
On a budget.

Delete muffler and stick a hunk of 3 1/2 in pipe in there, about 20 bucks or so.
A shot piece of 4" pipe a couple of clamps and a6637 air filter 50 bucks or so.
A chip from a custom tuner, you can find a used one for a couple hundred or less, and have it burned for your truck.

Tricumaltor springs from DI, they are cheap and easy to install.
:whs: :welcome: 2 :psn:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 99 ford f-350 had 278000 miles all original

i put Bean's stage 1 inj. DP F-6, three tunes 60 eco-80 tow-modified stock for those single shot injectors. I have three friends with 7.3's they take a ride SOLD They can't nor can i the diff. in drivability towing. I hit position 1 stock for cold starts and sometimes forget to change when i go to accel. feels like 50 hp brigs hit pos 2 bag gone. stock setting engine dies if you don't slip clutch but 80 tow you can dump at idle just goes AWESOME!!!!! Please forgive typing have 8 month twin boys and one is on my shoulders thanks

·
143 Posts
If you run a chip, you will need gauges to make sure you dont damages
something with high temps. The gauges and chip are your highest costs.
Some dont use gauges, but it is your only safety net when running non-stock
tuning especially when towing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts