Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's the deal.. My truck is picky it will some times run sometimes won't . If I'm driving sometimes it will just return to idle or cut out and acts like the Pedel won't work. Another problem is that wts light won't come on and it will just set there and crank. It has a dp tuner and I've replaced the cps numerous times

·
Registered
43 Posts
Believe it or not but their is a recall. It think that's what it's for .but you said you changed the cps. Is it a oem replacement? Mine would do the no power and pedal thing. But after I added my tuner it stopped. Sounds dangerous to me bring it to ford, let than check it out

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Okay here's the deal.. My truck is picky it will some times run sometimes won't . If I'm driving sometimes it will just return to idle or cut out and acts like the Pedel won't work. Another problem is that wts light won't come on and it will just set there and crank. It has a dp tuner and I've replaced the cps numerous times
Nice name and First post....................

Welcome to PSN

I agree with what the others have said.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Name should be another DA who knows nothing about a diesel owner. You need to read the codes.

·
02 F250 / 7.3L / 4X4
57 Posts
I had the same problem with my pedal, turned out the pedal assy had to be replaced. The sensor wouldn't read the pedal position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It doesn't have the hid headlights and the tuner is secure. I just went out to start it it cranked for ever and then finally kicked off, it ran for 40 seconds and just shut off like someone shut the key off so I went to try to restart it and the wts light didn't come on and it wouldn't start. Thanks for the help

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
I would take it to a shop where they can hook it up to a computer. It could be LOTS of things. But could turn out to be just one simple little thing..

If you can get it to run long enough take it to a shop.. Did you take the chip out and try it agian??? could be a bad conection and it vibrates loose.. OR you did not clean the conections right..

·
Detuned
159 Posts
Pull the chip.It sounds like a connection problem to me.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
I sent off my chip they re-did it and it runs just fine now thanks for all the help guys
Glad you got it running right!!!!

Do not let us guys that like to poke fun at people scare you off!!!

So WELCOME TO PSN!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your pickup.. AND PLEASE stick around!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts