Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
just learning...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have read all the threads about the airbag beeping because the light was burnt out, but in my dads 99 f350 the airbag light comes on when cycling and stays on during and after startup. It came on yesterday but this morning it beeped two sets of 5 beeps. The OFF light for the passenger airbag also is still illuminated when in the off position and not when in the ON position. What do I check now? The clockspring? How do you get to it?
Thanks!

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
The airbag light should flash a code when you turn the ignition to run position. Then it will stay on after it flashes the code and you start the truck.
Here are the codes:see notes at the bottom of the chart.

·
just learning...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesnt flash at all when in the on position, just stays lit, Scanned with superchips and nothing came up on that either

·
just learning...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone?

·
just learning...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it to the stealerhsip, they dont have a clue as to what the problem is they pulled a ABS code but that shouldnt have anything to do with the airbag right?

·
Intelligent Burro
450 Posts
I have a problem with my 99 f250 also. Sometimes the airbag light stays on and sometimes the ABS light stays on, sometimes they are both on.
After scanning with Autoenginuity it says "ignition key-in switch" is faulty. Sure enough if I wiggle the key the lights will usually go out.

·
Intelligent Burro
450 Posts
If cruise control still works, I would say your clock spring is still good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts