Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey psn, well guys my brother has a 99 f-350 with a hypertech programmer that has been running like ####,engine cutting out ,missing and shutting down for last 2 months.It always has fired back up until yesterday.It shut down and would not start back up.I had it scan 2 weeks ago and came up with this as far as codes p1242 turbo boost pressure low,p1280 icp circuit out of range low ,p1211 icp pressure above or below.I did have the icp unplugged before scan.I did a cylinder contribution test and #8 came up balance low.Also p1670 ef feedback signal not detected and 605 internal control module rom error.

I cleared codes yesterday and did a koeo self test and now no codes.I pulled valve covers and checked uvch.They seem fine wiggled them around with truck running.Well the truck fired up this mourning but really idled rough .When revved up engine is cutting out (the worse right around 2000rpms) like theres a dead spot and got a lot of bluish white smoke at anything above 2000rpm. Im not really sure what could be wrong but I: was leaning toward injectors.If anyone could could help that would be great ..Thanks guys.:dfpsn:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 99 f-350 problem

ttt

·
Registered
298 Posts
I agree sounds like an injector or a couple. Best thing is to pull them off and have them bench tested.

Will

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Will .I'd like to see if i can get a couple more people opinions .Thanks joey

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ttt

·
Registered
284 Posts
pour a whole quart of ashless 2 cycle engine oil in it... If its acting up really bad, pour about 3/4 of the quart in the tank, and the other 1/4 quart directly into the fuel filter housing... Start it back up and see if the misfire clears up...
My B.I.L. truck does the same thing... it has lots of miles and heavily used... It started doing this exact same thing until we did the 2 stroke thing.
He now pours a little bottle of 2 cycle oil in the fuel tank about ever 2-3 tanks of fuel.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is there any engine oil comsuption issues? Does the engine miss more/stall when hot? If so It could be injector orings. It is not too uncommon to cyl. 8 cotribution low if Long lead injector is used in that cylinder. Went through alot of troubleshooting on my 99 7.3

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's not really any oil loss ,maybe a quart an a half in 5000 miles .The truck stalls whenever it feels like it hot or cold.The truck runs and misses the worst when cold.Sometimes the engine will shake pretty hard and then you let off fuel pedal and it smooths out .Hit fuel pedal again and starts shaking again .This shaking doesnt occur all of the time.Its progressively getting worse with all the issues stated.The shaking and bluish smoke is what had me leaning toward injectors.But you guys are the pros .I've learned every thing I know from psn..Thanks guys for feedback...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ttt

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Could be inj orings but that still req pulling injectors...so keep fishing until then.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mike.I would just like to get a couple more opinions before i have him order injectors.My thoughts have been injectors for awhile but i just want to be pretty sure I'm on the right track to getting this thing running again.I dont want to just start throwing parts at this thing .One more question if needed would stage one injectors be alright to run until a performance chip is purchased.Or maybe just throw the hypertech back in for awhile.Thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts