Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999.5 7.3 that is randomly throwing a SES light, I took it to Advance Auto to have them use a code scanner on it (Not the best place to go) and tried a few different times but nothing. the SES light only comes on when the truck has been running for a while and is warm. When I turn it off and turn it back on when it's warm it comes back on after 5 seconds or so. I recently 300-400 miles ago installed a WW2 also a intake heater delete and afe intake all in the same day so I had my engine apart but it wasn't throwing any lights till recently. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. I unplugged my HPOP during the process and valve cover harness. Another note my hoop might have a slight oil leak. also the truck seems to run a little rough but my oil pressure is high from what I can tell.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
My slight rough running was due to a loose uvc harness.
popped up out of the blue..left my engine running while i grabbed something from the shop.
when i got back and pulled off check engine light was on.

Though the oreilly guy scanner found some codes..my ob2 scanner finds nothing.
granted the oreilly guy found my air intake heater code..always wondered if that would happen running a pmt pcm on an e99.......e99 has no intake heater.lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking I think you're on with the UVCH so I'm going to put the ford shims under it this weekend, when does your intake heater code show up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts