Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a 99 7.3 with 170k on it. 100% stock. about 4 months ago i used it to pull a 38 foot 5ith wheel camper and had a hard time getting over 45 MPH for about 50 miles then all the suddin i could run 80 if i wanted to. now yesterday i was drivin the truck about 170 miles from home and i had the cruise on when the RPMS jumped about 300 the service soon light came on and the OD light started blinking. the truck had tons of power when it done this but the cruise wouldnt set and it was blowing black smoke when i pushed on her, and it was shifting hard as hell, and the cruise wouldnt come back on. i got the truck home it sat idleing for a few min and i reved it up and it rolled white smoke out of it then black smoke after that, i shut it off and started it soon as you start if you rev it you get white smoke then black smoke. then after about 10 times the truck went back to its normal over the last year no power no smoke. whats wrong with this truck? thanks steven

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh another thing just before i got home the transmission was sliping in first gear bad. but ive drivin the truck probably 300 miles over the weekend and the transmission hasnt sliped once?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you might have some issues with the tranny overheating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts