Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 99 does not want to start even after sitting for just 4 to 5 hrs if not plugged in. Tested glow plugs and relay...all good. From my research it seems like bad injectors must be the problem. Also pulling code po381...glow plug/heater indicator circuit malfunction.?? could bad injectors be related to the code? or fuses? as it gets colder the starting problem gets worse. Also sluggish off the line then comes to life as it approaches mid range...runs like a raped ape at freeway speeds. looked at pricing for injectors and those suckers aint cheap! whats the best bang for the buck as far as injectors go? Any help/advice much appreciated

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
get some remans from Swamps. I would chase the glow plugs myself. I have let mine sit for an entire weekend with temps in the teens not plugged in. Cycled the GP's 2 times, fires right up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like i said, glow plugs all tested good. anymore info on "swamps" ? i am assuming this is your suggestion for remanufactured injectors? from what i have gathered most often they dont need to be replaced... just new orings.??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts