Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Late '99 7.3
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and I am searching for some advice for finding a miss in my late '99 F350 7.3L. At first start up it has a real defined miss. The miss never goes away by it does seem to lessen a little as it warms up. It does blow a little blueish gray smoke at start up, more when cold but still smokes when starting up warm or hot. At low RPM's the entire truck shakes sum and the gear shift really shakes around. First, whats the easiest way to determine which cylinder has the miss, second can I just rebuilt that injector if that's it, and third where can I get the rebuilt kit or o-rings?

·
Truckin'
71 Posts
you need to have a buzz test done and a injector contribution test done.
that will narrow down what injector you have a problem with.
Swamps diesel has the best price rebuilt factory spec injectors that i have found.
Call Dave at swamps. He has helped me out many times.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Yep. You can. Depending on the mileage, it may be bad orings as well, so you may have others fail soon after. But you never know.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
you need to have a buzz test done and a injector contribution test done.that will narrow down what injector you have a problem with.
Swamps diesel has the best price rebuilt factory spec injectors that i have found.
Call Dave at swamps. He has helped me out many times.
:welcome::welcome:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts