Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Bud... I dont know much, but I think its safe to say we need a little more information.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
lol you expect us to help with that?!!!LOL:poke: what codes are you getting whats it doing? does it crank does it try to fire o what?

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
Any smoke? Fuel/oil pressure? It goes on and on for questions.

·
john
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no smoke , does crank , does not try to fire oil is coming out the side of inj while cranking i tried a test on the inj wiring and it seems my cover gaskets r bad will this stop it from firing?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
you mean you under valve cover harness (uvch)? yes usually one side only goes bad at a time so one bank will fire.

·
Registered
325 Posts
yes the valve cover gaskets send power to injectors and will cause it to not run.

·
Registered
325 Posts
im not really sure...we had those go bad on one of our trucks but the way we knew they were bad was that they had melted. they are kinda a pain to replace, attleast i thought so

·
Registered
325 Posts
well i guess they could be bad unless thats how they are supposed to be...idk but it could be your cam position sensor...they had a recall on those and that will keep it from running

·
Registered
325 Posts
hmmmm okay do you have a way to read codes?

·
Registered
325 Posts
well how bout now that you tried starting it? it should show some codes now

·
Davey B
930 Posts
When you crank it over does the tach move at all? Also, check to see if your wts light comes on when you turn the key on

·
Registered
325 Posts
im not sure...i would think it should throw codes if there is a problem even if it doesnt start

·
Headwind Magnet
626 Posts
im not sure...i would think it should throw codes if there is a problem even if it doesnt start
What are you using to read codes? Most code-readers can't talk to a PSD. You need either a Snap-on reader or Auto Enginuity software for your laptop.
Best,
Jim

1 - 20 of 43 Posts