Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at the computer and the code is i think mrt1 anyone know much about this any good reccomendations on a chip i have a dp tuner on my other truck and seems to be great thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I looked at the computer and the code is i think mrt1 anyone know much about this any good reccomendations on a chip i have a dp tuner on my other truck and seems to be great thanks
That PCM code sucks. On the bright side, any custom tuner you speak with is going to send you a PMT1-based chip unless you specify otherwise.

At least you have a good PCM family (DPC 422).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah never heard of mrt1 i think this was a canada truck before it came to the usa

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I believe MRT1 is the same DPC family as the PMT and NVK. Pull the pcm out and check on the tag for the DPC #. If it is then a PMT program will work on it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have an early 99 with an xle4 and jody @ dp has my truck running really good. I'm very happy with the dp.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pulled tag it reads xu2f-rb npef 008301 MRT1

·
Registered
333 Posts
yes you are right about the codes on the computer it can be set up with PMT tunes. I have dyno proven PMT1 tunes and will be happy to help any way I can
I believe MRT1 is the same DPC family as the PMT and NVK. Pull the pcm out and check on the tag for the DPC #. If it is then a PMT program will work on it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
What are you going to do with the truck? Makes a diff when tuning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts