Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toying with the idea of putting a 6 speed in my truck. All I do is tow with it. I called a couple local junk yards came up dry. Would be nice to find someone going the oppisite way. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a good ZF 6-speed out of a Super Duty with a 6.0 and it was 2wd. I know it will not bolt in the way it is but I was not sure if it is just a different engine adapter and tailshaft housing or a completely different trans. This came out of a city truck with about 30,000 miles on it. They had the truck converted to automatic by a local dealer. Let me know if you have any interest.

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a good ZF 6-speed out of a Super Duty with a 6.0 and it was 2wd. I know it will not bolt in the way it is but I was not sure if it is just a different engine adapter and tailshaft housing or a completely different trans. This came out of a city truck with about 30,000 miles on it. They had the truck converted to automatic by a local dealer. Let me know if you have any interest.
I am not sure either. I though I read somewhere that a 2wd case wont work at all in a 4x4 because the tail housing is longer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts