Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BROKE as a JOKE
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I need to replace the turn signal/wiper/hazard lever and the gear shift lever.

Anybody torn into their steering column before? Any help/advice/tips would be awesome! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
all you have to do is remove the cover from behind the steering wheel, takes maybe 20 minutes or so, you do not need to drop the column, hardest part was getting the cover off, rest was easy.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I think there is like 3 or 4 screws that hold the cover together... You will have to take out the ignition but that isn't too difficult either.

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
If you are replacing the actual ignition switch and not the lock cylinder you will have to drop the column as it is mounted on top of the column under the dash. Other than that the multi function switch and the shift lever are very easy! If you're as picky as I am make sure you take the time to re-adjust the shift indicator cable before you put the cover back on, otherwise it maybe off after replacing the handle.

·
BROKE as a JOKE
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are replacing the actual ignition switch and not the lock cylinder you will have to drop the column as it is mounted on top of the column under the dash. Other than that the multi function switch and the shift lever are very easy! If you're as picky as I am make sure you take the time to re-adjust the shift indicator cable before you put the cover back on, otherwise it maybe off after replacing the handle.
Thanks man, i'm very picky (anal-retentive) especially with my vehicles, so i will make sure i adjust that

·
crazed & deranged farmer
1,054 Posts
New shift lever and multifunction switch went in just fine.

Still have a little bit of slop between N and D...any ideas?
Mine did more or less the same thing after I fully rebuilt my steering column, Its most likely ware on the shift lever in the cast aluminum tube on the column.

·
BROKE as a JOKE
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5 speed swap should fix that slop ;)
hahaha no thanks. love the E4OD

Mine did more or less the same thing after I fully rebuilt my steering column, Its most likely ware on the shift lever in the cast aluminum tube on the column.
believe it or not, i played with the indicator adjustment and it tightened everytrhing up. not my imagination either...feels great.

Now, need a new steering wheel, gauge pod, carpet, and seats.

anybody got a 40/20/40 for me? or hell, even a cloth bench in good shape? :bowfast:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.