Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1997 F-350 7.3 with 135k miles. After I go start it (summer or winter) it belches out smoke and runs rough. After a few minutes it runs and drives like normal. Any Ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Does it do this on every start up or just cold starts? What color smoke?

·
JFURNER77
404 Posts
Is it enough smoke to white/black out a parking lot??? What color smoke??
Check air filter. Make sure its breathn'
Might have to get the injectors bench tested. Bad injector o-rings will cause a loss of oil pressure, and leave a oil residue in fuel filter. If you run engine with VC's off you will be able to see if o-rings are bad. It will spray oil around injector bore.Check fuel bowl, how clean is it?

·
Cummins?$?$?$?
104 Posts
:whs: and/or compression... not sure but the first thing would be to pull the covers and look to see if you're gettin anyting out around the injectors, o ring kits are pretty cheap but you would still want to have them flowed which isn't so cheap :drool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guy’s, Thanks for all your quick replies!
It just does it after it’s had a chance to completely cool down. The smoke is a lighter color, white or blue. The truck is currently 45 minutes from where I live so I’ll have to check on that to be sure. I wouldn’t say it’s enough smoke to white out a parking lot, but if you start it in a garage you won’t be able to see. You usually have to factor in at lest a 5-10 minute warm-up time before driving it anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts