Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 97 obs with a sd turbo set up and cant get the y pipe in between the bowl and turbo. just wondering if anyone has run into this problem or a solution. any help would be great. also let me mention i do have an ic and 3in plenums. or if you know of any way to move the bowl without doing a efuel system?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks looks tough but i may not have any choice but to do so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
no ones really run into this bc most have done a efuel setup befor they got to a intersooler or for your mater a sd turbo its worth it, give that extra air some better fuel consistancy

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the SD 3" plenums as well and could not fit the cast aluminum spyder. I ended up amking my own spyder out of two 3" mandrel bent 90* pieces of exhaust pipe.

It fits.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the SD 3" plenums as well and could not fit the cast aluminum spyder. I ended up amking my own spyder out of two 3" mandrel bent 90* pieces of exhaust pipe.

It fits.
got any pics of your set up? need some ideas i want my truck back on the road.

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
when I put in my E99 spider I had to weld up the holes in it to get rid of the plugs and I also left 1 bolt out of the fuel bowl and moved it forward a bit for extra clearance.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Why cant u just use a SD fuel bowl.

·
Whites Diesel Performance
388 Posts
SD fuel bowl bolts to the cover, youd have to swap timing covers F that just to run the turbo

·
Registered
358 Posts
SD fuel bowl bolts to the cover, youd have to swap timing covers F that just to run the turbo
U dont gotta change the whole front cover it bolts though the HPOP res not the front cover. U could bolt a SD HPOP res right on cuz, the 97 front cover is the same as a E99 just different HPOP res. Thats prob the easiest i think. thats my 2cents.

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts

·
Whites Diesel Performance
388 Posts
A 96 has a different sumplocation thus a different timming cover 1/4 into 97 they changed to the same setup as a 99+ you need to look ay the serial number.

As for the op I have a y pipe to work with your setup

·
Registered
83 Posts
mine was very tight and i have to remove the y to change the fuel filter. i just got the y started in the plenums and shoved it in there

·
Drive it like ya stole it
186 Posts
Well my vote, if it matters, goes to doing Efuel set up. If you've got the funds I think you'll be happier with the performance over the mech system.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts