Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SC Ranch
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tis the season for the EBPV to be kickin in... however i like having my power at 3000 rpms when i pull away from them fart canners and truckers... At 3000 i get that whooshing sound, so i unplugged the connector and thought it was working normal. After 5 minutes of debate i ran over to Napa and picked up a switch kit for my shifter and wired that valve in as an exhaust brake. works great just that awful sound comes back even when im not in retard mode.

Any hints or suggestions. I can kick it out of warm up mode in the mornings but even out of that mode it comes back when im warmed up and trying to do 90 on the interstate back home. :pullover:

I do plan on scrapping the valve completely when i do a 3" down pipe on her. but still like the idea of having an exhaust brake for when im hauling cattle or hay.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
check your boots on the Y pipe may have loose clamp ot tear in a boot.and chack the clamp to the Yfrom the turbo.there is a square o-ring in there.

·
SC Ranch
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i gotta get gauges on there to see my boost but that kinda makes sense... i thought that would happen gradually and not instant... cuz right at 3 grand it starts singing but if i let off it goes away instantly. ive got my KN on so it seems like i hear everything now...

·
SC Ranch
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any thoughts of it being a leaky intake manifold or can it be as simple as them Y pipe boots...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts