• SCT

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 F350 Powerstroke and I want to know what kind of tuner or chip is good..? I was thinking of going with the Edge CTS or a DP Tuner. What do you guys think?

Mods
Diamond Eye Turbo Back Exhaust with a 3" DP and 4" pipe with muffler and cat all the back. Full set of gauges Pyrometer Manifold Press and Trans Temp. Rebuilt Heavy Duty Trans with Summit Racing Trans Cooler

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Personally I would not use any flash tuner on an OBS truck. There are clock shift issues that could render your PCM useless if you get a flash failure. Go with a chip only.

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so should I go with Edge or DP?

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I'm just wondering. WHY would you limit yourself to Edge or DP Tuner? As a matter of fact, the guy that answered your question(MattR66), notice how quickly he came by to help you out? He's got some of the best tunes out there. Maybe you should give him a call. There's lots more options other than Edge or DP, they just aren't as widely heard of.

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know.
Can you give me some names of different kinds of chips..? I heard about Tony Wildman and TS I think it is. Is there others?

·
7.3 stroked edition
169 Posts
Gearhead as mentioned above, Bts, Elite, Beans, Dp, Tw, Ts but you don't want there burns. All these guys except Dp i believe use a ts style chip to run there burns. Theres prolly some more i forgot to list too

Jared

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have had TW and DP both in my '97. I liked the TW and the DP both. The DP was live tuned but both show about the same HP on the dyno. My next one may be Beans. Not 100% positive though. I have also heard very good things about Matt's tunes. I have a friend that has his and loves them.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Swamps has great tunes to !

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I run Matt's tunes (mattr66) from Gearhead. Very smart guy and knows his stuff.

I have ran a few other tuners and didn't really like them as well as I do Matt's tunes

·
Registered
290 Posts
i have heard bad things about the DP tunes timing cracking pistons....

if you want the best, go PHP, TDP, or swamps.

PHP tunes are awesome, and theres a big variety. i am personally going with the TDP wildman chip here soon. big horsepower.... hehehe

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok thank you guys for your help.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts