Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about the 10K, 5.6K etc mods. I need some info on how this done. And if it's good to do. Thanks guys
:ford:

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's placed in parrallel to another resistor inside your IDM, and its on the signal circuit to your injectors...Basically created less resistance for the signal to fire your injectors, so they open up a millisecond early or whatever the number is.

I've seen where some people hook it to a switch, and some put a rheostat on there for adjustability

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
The 10k mod doesn't go inside your IDM. It is place inline with the plug to the ICP sensor. Do a search on here for 10k mod and you will find tons of threads on the subject.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
It's placed in parrallel to another resistor inside your IDM, and its on the signal circuit to your injectors...Basically created less resistance for the signal to fire your injectors, so they open up a millisecond early or whatever the number is.

I've seen where some people hook it to a switch, and some put a rheostat on there for adjustability
thats the IDM mod.

10K mod is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.