Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I can tell its clean. 244k miles and im sure its due for injectors. Its black reg cab just what ive been looking for. Is it worth 6800?

·
Registered
360 Posts
i dont understand why people post these questions in the dang classifieds. No one can price a truck out by information your giving. Maybe try posting the right section and provide some pics and more information. Just a thought

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know hes not gona go much lower than that. Im on ohio and you cant find anything that clean around here for under 10k. My problem is i need something before snow starts falling and im limited to about 8k

·
BROKE as a JOKE
202 Posts
I just got mine for $6000. 202,000 miles XLT w/ 4.10 limited slip

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you want to travel a little I'm in southeast Missouri I got a 2000 crew cab shortbed clean clean 4x4 226,xxx for 10 grand

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish i could stumble on somethin like that but its tough finding a manual reg cab long bed. Ive been looking forever. Theres something about the black OBS reg cab long bed that just does it for me

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Thats alot for a single cab and it has alot of miles. You would be better off just getting a newer gaser with lower miles. If thats all you want to spend. These truck arnt cheap to fix.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
5500 or walk away IMO. thats if everything checked out fine. spending that kinda cash on a 97 it would have to be fully operational in every kinda way there is

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a lot of miles but its also never been chipped and had the snot run out of it. The reg cab I like, I'm 19 and don't have kids to haul around. I figure I can send the injectors to rosewoods for 850 and eventually put a clutch in it

·
Registered
282 Posts
From what I can tell its clean. 244k miles and im sure its due for injectors. Its black reg cab just what ive been looking for. Is it worth 6800?
Is it worth 6800 ? Not to me but that doesn't mean it's not worth it to you ... The true value of ANY object may it be a truck,car,boat or as simple as a pack of flash light batteries is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it ... Go with your gut if you think it's worth 6800 to you then thats what it's worth :ford:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it checks out I think I'm gona get it. Only problem is if I get down there (from northeast ohio to north carolina, 8 hrs) and its a piece i out my time plus well over a hundred in fuel

·
Registered
282 Posts
If i'm not mistaken that truck is on craigslist... I would ask for current pics of any rust,dents,scratches on exterior and get good interior pics ... Most everyone has a cell that can take a short video so i would ask for a video of it running .... I know how it is i bought a 69 dart on ebay a few yrs back the guy totally misrepresented the car i pulled an empty trailer to pittsburgh pa and needless to say an empty trailer back to southeast ga ... Thats just part of it when buying something far off... So there you are again is that truck WORTH it to take a chance driving 8 hrs and possibly not buy it ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He sent me some pics of it that i asked for specifically like tailgate, close ups of fenders, etc. I wish I was in GA so a truck body would last more than ten years

·
Powerstroke Mafia
239 Posts
If it checks out I think I'm gona get it. Only problem is if I get down there (from northeast ohio to north carolina, 8 hrs) and its a piece i out my time plus well over a hundred in fuel
You can always check to see if another person on the site is nearby, throw them a few bucks for dinner for them to do an initial check for you.

Also, there are services out there that will do an inspection and send you a report for about $100. I did that once and it worked out fine. I did that because I traveled from Kentucky to Chicago dragging an empty trailer to find out the car was not as described and ended up lugging an empty trailer back. Yep, nearly two days and fuel money all gone.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well you dodged a bullet lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts