Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my buddies just purchased a 97 7.3 with a little over 200K on it a few weeks ago. went out to start it up the other day and it turned over fine and was running but he noticed a CEL. he shut the truck down checked batteries fuses, etc. and went to restart and it will now only crank and wont turn over. he tried hooking up a buddy superchip to try to read codes but it gave an error message cant connect with pcm or something.

diesel tech said check the pcm power fuse, which was fine, he then said check to see if rpms are trying to move when cranking (if they dont might be cam sensor) which they do so now hes thinking something might be wrong with the pcm? any more input or if that might be the case any good places to buy one?

thanks!

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the right section.... All the fuses are not blown. Any helpful responses?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Don't know how "helpful" these will be: :smirk: Wait-to-Start light illuminating? How was it running when it was running? How's the oil level in the High Pressure Oil Pump resrvoir? How's the main oil level? Is the cigarette lighter fuse good? Check all the valvecover harness connections for evidence of melting or burning. Remove the oil cap and take a sniff ... smell like burned electrical insulation? Cheers!

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure he told me the wait to start is not coming on...??

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Physically remove fuse 22 in the fuse box under the hood and test it for continuity. They can "look" fine and be bad.

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not the fuse and he replaced some solenoid too still no start. Where is the PCM located on the truck? He is gonna pull it and get it checked out

·
Smart A$$
602 Posts
Yeah, when mine did this it was the PCM. I got a refurbished one from some place in Florida for about $350 or so. It is in the firewall, behind the e-brake. Comes out from the engine side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts