Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ford freak
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you check my signature you can see all my mods to my 97 psd. Now with you knowing what I have, I got an issue, since I modded my truck over a year ago it gained a higher and rougher idle, it used to idle 680 to 700 rpm or so now its going 610rpm to 720rpm sounding like its gonna stall out. This symptom only exists when the vehicle is warmed up or sitting in the sun all day.
When I drive I dont notice anything except maybe a litlle lag when I punch it, even in the 140hp setting, which wasn't lagging before.
I'm no mechanic but I don't think anything I have modded has broken, the motor has 225,000 miles with no rebuild and I know is low on compression could this be an issue? I'm thinkin it could be the fuel pump, I changed the fuel filter with no fix; and the fuel pump has not been changed since I modded the truck. I got a powerchips programmer to read the trouble codes only and DO NOT use it to tune with, but no major codes are showing, no check engine or other dummy lights on.

Any one have any suggestions? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated Thanx for your time!!:ford:

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Just to be clear you don't have an electric fuel system upgrade? Not sure how that would explain the fact that it only does it when it's warm but that could be one solution. Also is your chip tuned with every mod of yours taken into consideration?

·
Ford freak
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to be clear you don't have an electric fuel system upgrade? Not sure how that would explain the fact that it only does it when it's warm but that could be one solution. Also is your chip tuned with every mod of yours taken into consideration?
Yes the truck is tuned to what I have and I only have the stock fuel set up with the mechanical pump.

And yes Rob I disconnected the 10 k mod and it still acted up.

·
Ford freak
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if it only does it when warm Im lead to believe it HPoil related.
My hpop is used off an 02 psd, but I dont know, what pressure does it produce and how do I check it? or can I check it? Thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts