Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The pump isn't the problem but the O ring seals. It won't matter where you get your pump from if you don't get a good O ring to seal it up.

Great first post by the way even if you have been on here for 6 years.
I considered replacing just the o rings but I hate messing with the stuff in the valley. So just did a whole new pump in hopes to not have to mess with it again. Especially cause so many people had problems with pumps from dieselorings. It makes me think they got a bad batch or something. Id hate to pull it out replace the o rings and then have to pull it out again. And the o-rings looked the same to the eye on both pumps. So idk, I'll post back and let y'all know how it works out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Fiesta & the GT are both made by Ford. But they're not made the same.

The point is: Carter can make 2 fuel pumps, and they can still be different. Even for the same application. Some aspects of fuel pump design are no longer proprietary, and can be copied by anyone. Other aspects are still protected, and can only be produced under license from the owner of the IP rights. So the pumps Carter produces for Ford (usually with the Ford logo) are built to Ford designs. But the knock-offs can't necessarily be exact copies, even though they may come from the same assembly line (retooled after a production run for Ford).

21 - 22 of 22 Posts