Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 97 f250hd with the 7.3 has the e40d auto it's 4x4.

I use this truck for work it has a service bed on it and I drive 80 miles for work mostly interstate. When I get o the interstate and drive 30 miles or sometimes sooner the torque converter will kick out won't go back in and then the o/d light starts flashing.
I had the code read says a generic p0500 vss fault. I've replaced the sensor a new pigtail and changed diff fluid Nd checked tone ring all looks good.
It had been sitting 3 or 4 days since I did this to it drove it to work today drive the 80 mile journey not a single hiccup. Headed back home no sooner get on the interstate get up to 70mph and boom kicks out.
I'm at a loss with this one I don't know if it is ecm, psom , wiring?
I've not had the truck very long the guy I bought it off of said the tranny was rebuilt with a 6.0 billet t.c. but I never seen paperwork. I was assuming it was doing it to him also tried rebuilding it with t.c. and still didn't solve the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like the torque converter to me, mine had a similar problem where the o/d light would flash and It would start shifting hard, but mine never gave me a code for that, I replaced the torque converter and now runs fine, does It reset If you turn the truck off and restart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts