Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 f350 powerstroke that will start but will not get over 1000 rpm and loses power cuts out. I have replaced the accelerator pedal position switch and the camshaft position sensor. Before I replaced the camshaft position sensor it would go up to about 1600 rpm, I don't know why that would be? Anyone have something else I should check?

Thanks everyone, Bill

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Any mods to the truck (chip/tuner)? Is the CEL illuminated? Oil Level good? Is the CPS aftermarket or OEM? Did you replace the pedal assembly or just the TPS sensor? If just the sensor, is it the correct one and is the Idle Validation Switch (IVS) functioning? Cheers!

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Remove the chip/tuner don't just put it back to stock but pull it completely. Then see if the problem is still there.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck had the chip tuner when I bought it. I'm not sure how to remove it. Is there a video somewhere that shows this? Also the previous owner suggested I get the black CPS which was in it when I replaced it. The one I ordered was gray. I was just wondering, does this make a difference?

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Just remember to take the keys out of the ignition and put them in your pocket or disconnect both batteries.

If there is power to the PCM when you remove a chip or the connector you can fry the PCM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts