Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 regular cab I bought with a homemade rsk and Its on 37s so I don't expect a great great ride but its super rough And the front feels like it just bounces off bumps. What can I do. As far as I know the springs r stock and shocks look new so you would think it would ride close to a stock truck

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Lets see pics, so we can see if they are stock springs or not.

And what are you comparing the ride to?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
My 97 regular cab I bought with a homemade rsk and Its on 37s so I don't expect a great great ride but its super rough And the front feels like it just bounces off bumps. What can I do. As far as I know the springs r stock and shocks look new so you would think it would ride close to a stock truck
Need more info....
Is the RSK with the stock IFS front end or a D60 Monobeam?

The PO of my sig truck did a D60 Monobeam conversion and used the stock IFS springs with an add a leaf on the front along with F450 spring packs in the rear. It rode too stiff and harsh for my needs so I swapped out to SD springs at all corners and its a different truck.

jrc

·
BROKE as a JOKE
202 Posts
yEAHHH.....mine rides a bit rougher than normal too. so i checked it today after pressure washing the frame...

i somehow missed the completely rusted off shackle mount when looking over this truck. the *&@#(&$ spring is resting ON the bed.

i have a bad feeling i should have walked away from this deal............

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm compairing it to my uncles stock 96 And mine is a 350 so its monobeami tool some quick picks. I'd do SD springs but that's gunna b a big job

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Well now I know why it rides so hard. they added what looks like 3 extra leaves to the stock front springs. giving you about 6" total lift

Can you post up more pis of the welds on the RSK? From what I saw the welds dont look so great

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is that? The front only has like 3 leafs I'm it? That second To last pic is of the rear leaf spring. And yeah the welds don't look the best but Its also bolted in so Its not that bad. I wish This thing wasn't So hacked. If a rsk w SD springs wasn't So expensive And involved I'd Just do That

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK yes your right its bent and there's like 6 leafs. So what are my options here. I'd like to remain about the same size. I just bought these 37s

·
Registered
248 Posts
dam what a hack job. maybe go get some coin back if u can?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Dam, hack job for sure

Get with one of the vendors on here... they can get you setup with a nice rsk, and either a rear reverse shackle kit, or new shackles and hanger

Im pretty sure you can get new shackles and hangers from autozone/oriellys as well... then get a block kit and new u-bolts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Dam, hack job for sure

Get with one of the vendors on here... they can get you setup with a nice rsk, and either a rear reverse shackle kit, or new shackles and hanger

Im pretty sure you can get new shackles and hangers from autozone/oriellys as well... then get a block kit and new u-bolts
:whs:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
would i be able to do a 5" sky rsk and use superduty springs and stay the same size with 37's? where can i find more info and how hard is it to put superduty springs in it

·
Registered
248 Posts
This topic has been covered ALOT.....Use the search at top of page...

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i hate to bring this back but i have another question, what if i took off the rsk and got 6inch front lift springs, would it ride better and does anyone have any measurements that would help me see if it would sit the same as now

·
Registered
282 Posts
NO !!! It will NOT ride any better with lift springs. If you want it to ride better use the RSK that uses the SD springs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts