Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im workin on my buddys ditch drinkin hillbilly farm truck he just got, he loves it so i dont bad mouth it around him, and he brings it to me bc the clutch pedal is on the floor i said how did you get it here with no clutch he says well i blew two stop signs and one red light and i trucker shifted it lol, so i got to lookin and right where the pedal linkage connects to the master its like the steel tit on the pedal side sawed its way clean through the master cylinder rod end and you could tell the guy he got the truck from knew about it because there was electrical tape trying to hold the rod end on the pedal lever thing, so i know he will need a new master and also the cam deal i tryed callin ford on it and they didnt have a clue and the junk yard is slim pickins here do you guys have the part number for that thing or know where i could find one? sorry that was so long btw

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You could always do the "Ebay Clutch linkage Fix" (I'd find one on ebay, but they block it here at work) for about $40. Either that or get a whole new clutch master (I don't think you can just get the rod). Cheers!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
^^^^^^ Perfect case for the Heim joint. In most cases, I'd say it's overkill; the brass bushing + stop collar fix usually suffices. But AFAIK, the pushrod is NOT available to buy separately, and in this case, the hydraulics themselves are probably just fine. So it'd be a shame to toss them and put in all new hydraulics just on account of that eyelet. With the Heim joint fix, you cut off that eyelet anyway. So yeah, perfect match for this sitch.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my truck when I bought it, previous owner never told me about it and band aided it, Did the heim joint and a new master cylinder, wow great kit all around

1 - 6 of 6 Posts