·
PSN intsigator
7,146 Posts
Glad you got it figured out,

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
Well it starts right up and runs great now! I wired it up with a deadman switch like some of the old semis used to have. The pup even approves of the flatbed.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
7,146 Posts
You are welcome, glad I had a lucky guess

·
PSN intsigator
7,146 Posts
Beautiful dog, by the way

Reactions: Thatchevyguy

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
Smoked my first brisket today and decided it was a good time to wash everything in between that. I've decided I'm better at building things in the shop than cooking

·
PSN intsigator
7,146 Posts

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
Brought home the next project today. Turbo sixty niner, supposedly has a bad transmission. I'm planning on getting it rolling and putting my snow plow on it

·
PSN intsigator
7,146 Posts
Awesome

·
Native Texan
9,110 Posts
Im.just south of him u distract him ill intervene

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
Noooo no problem here I just like simple old things that I can still work on and I've got a boatload of parts sitting around now for this era so it makes sense to just keep driving these lol

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
Checked the fluids qnd threw a set of batteries in the clementine colored turd and after atleast a year of sitting it lit up instantly, like I've never ever seen an idi start so quick ever. And the best part it drives perfectly even! On my little 5 mile jog anyway I would say this thing is gonna be the best 300 bucks I've spent in awhile. Once I get it cleaned up a bit and get the rear end welded up and some decent tires on it I will get some more pics of this beauty!

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
Rebuilt the rear drums and did new seals and fluids on the rear axle on the flatbed truck. Basically all that's left with this one is to someday figure out the cruise and the washer fluid which are both minor

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you plan to get the original cruise system working, study this:

(phone app link)

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
If you plan to get the original cruise system working, study this:

(phone app link)
I've got diagrams for both an 89 and the 95. I just havent looked into it yet. It could be something as simple as I spliced a wrong wire from the powerstroke harnesses to the 89 column

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
Everyone meet Koe. He is a big fan of the old 6.9. Turned the pump up in that 2 allen flats today and should have went 2 more. And it started leaking from the return lines, which I'm going to attribute to sitting for who knows how long. Otherwise this thing has been great, I've been driving it as my work truck. It is dang near running before you even turn the key!

·
PSN intsigator
7,146 Posts
Welcome Koe, great looking dog

·
Native Californian
501 Posts
Aussie puppy!! Greatest thing ever.

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #660
Picked up some alcoas. I'm thinking these will go to the crew and the 10 wides will go to the flatbed, which will push the bias plys to the 6.9!

I also rebuilt the return lines on the idi and picked up a white Rodgers glow plug relay for the flatbed

641 - 660 of 670 Posts