Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

581 - 600 of 670 Posts

·
PSN intsigator
7,041 Posts
Nope but all the mud and gravel will certainly see the computer, fuse box, and wiring harnesses

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That they will,.... that they will

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
I've got to re wire the brake controller and tie up a few loose ends and the dash should be all back together

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
Paints all buffed and interior is finished

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
I got the stuff for the wipers installed and then the cowl and mocked up the fenders tonight. I've got them close to where they need to be but I will crank them tight some other time. But I'm definitely starting to get excited to see this thing run again!

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #587
Just started it up! So far everything seems to be working like it should. I only let it run for a minute as I have no coolant in it but so far so good. I've still got to find some fender liners so I can permanently mount the fuse box and idm and then I can tie up loose wires and such and put the lights and grille and such on

·
PSN intsigator
7,041 Posts
Lookin great

Reactions: Thatchevyguy

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #589
Battery gauge, odo, running lights arent working. As well as the wipers shoot fluid in any setting. I obviously got a few wiring things messed up

·
PSN intsigator
7,041 Posts
Ooh electrical issues, my favorite! Would only wish it on a select few...
Wish I could like that post a few times

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
Electrical issues are all sorted out. Just a lot of stupid little things to be expected in a swap like this.

Ordered a new master and slave cylinder as the one that's probably original 1989 wasnt cutting it.

Basically I have to cut the front frame back and mount the bumper and build a flatbed at this point!

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
New rubbers showed up! 9.00 16 power kings, I love the look. Frame cut back and bumper is on. I've been looking for either a bed or flatbed and have been striking out on both, so I'm gonna be building one. It's going to be streamlined with the cab(I personally dont like it when they stick out more than an inch or so), dove the corners, and some sort of skirt in the back to go down to the receiver.

·
PSN intsigator
7,041 Posts
Looking good

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #595
Did front brakes they other day, rears and all the parking brake stuff I still need to do someday. Ordered new rear spring shackle mounts as mine are completely toast. And I started on the flatbed tonight. I should keep working but I ran out of ambition so maybe I'll get more done tommorow

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #596
Well we got rained out of the fields today but we had a hell of a week for getting the crops in! But since it rained I got a chance to look at the truck again this afternoon. I finished up the main frame for the flatbed. Next I need to build mounts, the headache rack, and a skirt for the rear. And I also replaced my very rotted rear shackles and mounts

·
PSN intsigator
7,041 Posts
Rotted?, they looked usable to me

·
Registered
110 Posts
Any more progress on the flatbed and are you planning wood for the bed?

·
Because I can!!!
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
Any more progress on the flatbed and are you planning wood for the bed?
Skirt and headache rack tacked up tonight. Still have to run a bar under the rear window and then fill the front in with sheet steel. And other than that I have to build mounts for the filler necks and cut holes for the taillights and then I should be about done with the metal work. And yes I will be doing a wood deck

581 - 600 of 670 Posts