Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

541 - 560 of 591 Posts

·
Native Californian
382 Posts
Nothing wrong with Luk clutches at all. I use them in all my trucks and I tow heavy quite a bit. It's no big deal to get 100k out of one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Because I can!!!
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
I've always heard good things. I'm just normally extremely hard on **** I smoked a southbend in like 25kmiles once on my crew

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
I've always heard good things. I'm just normally extremely hard on **** I smoked a southbend in like 25kmiles once on my crew

Thats cause u lika the burn outs

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
Well theres nothing wrong with burnouts... or donuts or 4wd launches or anything of that sort

And theres maybe a reason ur poor clutch gives up the ghost.

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
I get to order transmission parts this week.

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
That's like an every week occurrence for me

This means i may here my truck run for the first time since early 2019 been a long time coming

·
Because I can!!!
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
This means i may here my truck run for the first time since early 2019 been a long time coming

We'll get it going! I'm gonna have to go catch up on your thread here soon. I've been slacking on my reading lately

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
I started then changed my mind ill have the money on Wednesday to order the last of the parts

·
Because I can!!!
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #551
I've got the cab completely gutted and what I need for the powerstroke harnesses cut in. For the computer itself I just cut the whole bigger qnd it fits like factory. As for the 2 wiring harnesses I had to rearrange them around on the firewall to work around the parking brake but I made it work. Rust is cut out and patched up. I definitely like fixing rust in spots that arent ever seen way better than on the body itself.

As for the bullnose my neighbor has I didn't end up with it. I made an offer and it was to low and he wont tell me what he wants so screw it I am gonna piece it together. I scored a rust free perfect shape radiator support for 100 bucks tonight. So the hardest part to find I now have. Along with a grille and headlight surrounds and these nifty original diesel tags for the fuel necks.

And also attached is a good pic to show what 31 years out in the South Dakota elements will do

·
PSN intsigator
6,405 Posts
Pretty cool, progress is always good

·
Because I can!!!
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #553
Cab and core support are both in primer. I got a new set of aftermarket fenders that were just delivered yesterday as well. I'm hoping this weekend to make a junkyard run and grab a hood, bumper, and the filler piece between the bumper and grille and a few small trim pieces and then I should have basically everything that I need to finish

·
CAT lover
599 Posts
Looks good man! But with all that work you’re putting in you’re not going to pull out the door dent? Or is that an optical illusion from the pic?

·
Because I can!!!
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #555
Looks good man! But with all that work you’re putting in you’re not going to pull out the door dent? Or is that an optical illusion from the pic?
The bottom corner? That's where I touched up a thin spot in the primer. The on the front of the door frame? That's a goofed up spot that I never noticed until I sprayed the primer. Somehow I missed it while sanding and everything else

·
PSN intsigator
6,405 Posts
Looking good

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
You want to come down to mo and do mine Looks good better then mine will probably

·
Because I can!!!
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #559
You want to come down to mo and do mine Looks good better then mine will probably

Ahhh it just takes practice this is my third time painting a vehicle and it just keeps getting considerably better

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
I only want to do mine once and i am now on try 2. But that looks awesome

541 - 560 of 591 Posts