Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 f350 dually dump truck is bumpy as hell with the frost heaves. Will adding rear air bags on the rear and just add air to them like you fill tires so the truck raises one to two inchs. Will this improve comfort or just stiffen my truck.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I doubt it will help anything. Best way to improve ride would be to add some more weight to it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My truck sits on a 6" Pro comp lift with HD Firestone Air Bags in the rear. The lift is a horrible pile of garbage that makes the truck ride extremely stiff all by itself. I then added the HD Firestone air bags to help with towing the heavy loads that I occasionally find myself towing. Well, the added air bags makes the truck ride much stiffer when I put air in them when the truck is empty. So, I run the airbags completely empty of air when not towing something extrremely heavy, as I said it rides worse with air in them..
Lately, I've done quite a bit of research on spring kits and other than a complete rear 4 link system (4-5K), I believe I've found the best over all leaf kit system that allows one a great ride and the ability to tow heavy as well. Atlas Spring makes lift systems completely custom to ones desires..
So here's my plan for my specific needs, ride quality when empty and have the ability to tow heavy. I believe it'll work with anything from a stock height replacement leaf kit to maybe even as much as a 6" lift kit. My plan is too drop my truck to a 4" Atlas Progressive lite leaf spring kit, and add the HD air bags to compensate when I need to tow something heavy. From what I can tell, this system could possibly be the best of both worlds.. Great ride quality and the ability to make adjustments when empty and or towing. I have a friend who went with a 6" Atlas lift system on his F-350 and the difference in ride quality from my PC 6" and his Atlas 6" kit is amazing. His truck rides much smother than mine. Hopefully this helps yah out some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts