Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking high and low to get a plug n play 7 pin harness for my 97 f350(someone took the one off of it).. all i can find is a 4 pin one, and they say a harness from a f150-250 will not work..

so i searched and searched and i am dumb founded.. can anyone help, or do i need to just hardwire one in?
and if so does anyone have the wire codes. truck deos have a trailer brake module in it as well.. looking to tow my gooseneck

·
Registered
151 Posts
I tried looking for one without any luck as well. My stock 7 pin connector was all corroded and wouldnt work. So i bought one from walmart for a super duty and cut the connector off my old one and spliced the super duty one on my new one. I messed up the turn signals and got them backwards so i had to swap them but other than that it works great!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to uhaul. They had every thing i needed to put one on my 96.
96 is different then 97 they said.. i dunno why and they dont either.. all they said is if it didnt come from the factory with one then you have to splice a genaric one in.. mine came with one but they guy took it off after i bought it and i didnt realize it till after i got it home

·
MOTO MANIAC
615 Posts
HUH. should not be that hard to splice in. do you still have a 4 flat wired up. cause you can get a 7 pin that has a 4flat tht just plugs in then you only have a ground. constant and brake controler wire to deal with

·
MOTO MANIAC
615 Posts
ya i put one on my truck and it took like ten minutes. and all i had was a 6 pin round.:lame:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.