Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TC is acting weird or maybe its the trans but i pulled out of a friends house this morning truck ran fine all the way to the stop sign about a 1/4 mile away and when i pulled up to the stop sign it was chugging like the tc was locking and unlocking and then it drove fine untill i got into town about 15 minutes later now it seems as though the trans or torque converter is not unlocking or the trans isnt using the clutches as it should cause i just did a service change on the trans with a new filter gasket and 6qt of mercon v and it was fine up until a couple days ago. raced one guy with my tune and intake to see if it was faster than his truck but it wasnt hard on the trans.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,185 Posts
Low trans fluid can do this. So can a problem with the tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low trans fluid can do this. So can a problem with the tune.
trans fluid is at a full and now the tc is working fine so im wondering if its not something with wiring being loose cause if i go around a turn too hard while on the throttle it will unlock and relock the tc a couple times like really quick but it only does it every once and a while. would love to keep the auto in it if i can cause the woman can drive it but if it keeps giving me issues im going to put a 5spd behind it.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,185 Posts
What codes are stored in the PCM?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts