Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the site so be gentle! Well I noticed coolant dripping at the bottom of my crankshaft seal and after visual of the hoses, no apparent leaking there, have deduced that I have a Waterpump going bad. Could it be anything else as its hard to see up there??? My truck has 105K miles on it so I guess im in the middle of the curve as to how long mine lasted. Anyway my question is will the Airtex AW4114 fit my truck? The stock photos look slightly different? should I now upgrade to the 203 thermostat and will i need a new housing. I realize the last question is obvious if I bugger it up on tear down. What im wanting to know is if its USUALLY a problem. Im also planning on adding a coolant filter at thew time. Any help that will save me time and $$$ would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Bob

·
OBS Strokin'
188 Posts
:welcome:

Look at where the waterpump pulley shaft goes into the pump... There should be whats called a "seep" hole. water will come out of it when the waterpump is bad. So if thats where its coming from, then time for a waterpump.

The 203 thermosat is a direct fit. It just pops at a higher temp. Im pretty sure slant thermostats for these trucks are already 203's... Aleast mine was. so you just have to replace your old one with it.

Not positive on where else water could be comin from... Maybe someothers will chime in

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts