Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rookie Stroker
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think my vacumm pump took a dump on me. My brakes are hard as a rock & when I pulled the vacumm line off the brake booster it had very, very little suction at idle. I don't have a vacumm gauge but its weak, very weak. Does anyone have a good one they would like to get rid of?

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thats how they act when the pump goes..... I used an Oreillys one, it lasted 6months, but the one they warrantied it with has been on there for 3-4 years..... Ford ones are definately the way to go if you can find a good used one.... They are kinda pricey at the stealerships.....

·
Rookie Stroker
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I will look into that place online...... Might head to the bone yard this weekend too. See what I can find. Does anyone sell a rebuild kit for them??

·
Rookie Stroker
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I bit the bullet & bought the dadgum vacuum pump today. Now I'm hearing I have to have a special tool to pull the pulley off of my old pump???? What kind of tool am I going to need;???

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
you need a power steering pulley puller I think it was. I rented mine from orielly's, well its free, but you pay the core and bring it back and get a refund. very easy with the right tool

·
Rookie Stroker
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you need a power steering pulley puller I think it was. I rented mine from orielly's, well its free, but you pay the core and bring it back and get a refund. very easy with the right tool
Thanks zilla

1 - 7 of 7 Posts