Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 that has recently lost power.

It will barely respond to input from the pedal on the stock tune and only build about 5 psi, with the chip on setting 6 it will go faster and make around 14-16psi.(same issue with chip removed).

I’ve checked for boost leaks, and found no issues. The engine revs very slow, like only applying 1/4 throttle.

AE scanner shows throttle is always at 0, but the engine is responding to input, just not very much.

Anyone heard of a problem like this and have suggestions?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
How did your problem start? We're you going down the road and randomly lost power? We're you at a stop light and it suddenly wouldn't do anything when you mashed the throttle? Or was it fine, then you started it one morning and this happened?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got in and started it the other day in the driveway, noticed when driving away it didn’t feel right.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
It's not supposed to anyway, but your scanner showing a goose egg when you step on the throttle makes a guy wonder. Since your OP says you have the same problem with the chip removed, it seems to me like it's next in line. It's simple and free to check, so that's where I try to start.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Here are the Into and Pinpoint tests for the Accelerator Pedal Sensor. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Project Shamu
2,731 Posts
Scanners cannot read accelerator pedal position on an OBS, itll have to be done with a multimeter. I'm willing to bet something going in with the pedal.

Does it run fine otherwise?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scanners cannot read accelerator pedal position on an OBS, itll have to be done with a multimeter. I'm willing to bet something going in with the pedal.

Does it run fine otherwise?
That is good to know, I’m gonna check it when I get a chance in the next couple of days.

Yes runs and idles smooth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I’ve read, the voltage is within spec. There are no dead spots when slowly applying pressure.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Just a random thought here, have you checked the fuel filter?

After that, have you checked fuel pressure?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Newer? As in pre problem newer or I checked it after I started having problems newer?

You have a real noggin scratcher going here buddy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It’s got about 1500 miles on it, but I pulled it out to check a couple days ago and it looks good.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
On my list of simple and free stuff to check , the next thing would be to verify that the exhaust back pressure valve is fully open.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Already checked that too, even disconnected the actuator to make sure it was moving freely then wire tied it open.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Good plan! I'm guessing you looked for exhaust leaks at the manifolds and up pipes then.

What do your other numbers look like on the scanner? HPOP pressure, Exhaust Back Pressure, IPR duty cycle, Was your manifold pressure reading from your scanner or a gauge?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I’d try running it with the MAP sensor unplugged at the wiring harness, passenger side of turbo on firewall. Does it respond same on both tanks?

Also do a search on power peddle mod. Mine peddle volts at WOT, is 4.2 volts.
j

1 - 19 of 19 Posts