Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’m kind of new here but need some help. Searched everywhere online and cant find much of anything. I just put a new cab on my pickup. The cab is a 97 F-350 full four door. I used a transmission tunnel hump out of a 93 with a zf5 because it was what I had. At first look it looked ok but when I went to put my shift boot on I cant shift into 1st or 2nd. The hole is to far up and to the right. So when you pull the shifter down or to the left it pinches on the side and wont let you go in gear. Long story short does anyone know if the removable tunnel piece was different between late model 93 and 97 pickups? Both are zf5’s. Or is something else wrong? Ive checked motor mounts, trans. Mount, cross member everything looks good and solid and is where it should be. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Can’t say what the interchange-ability is. Did you weld in the hump, or can you loosen it off and reposition or as an alternative can you just move the hole somewhat, by enlarging and or cut one side, patch the other. I’ve had to cut out the floor pan on a 96” Cc to fit the aftermarket Down pipe, patched with light sheet material, used quality seam sealer and pop riveted. Worked perfect for thousands of Kms.
j

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Did the '93 also have a diesel engine? I wouldn't assume that the shifter would be in the same spot if the donor had a gas engine, despite the transmissions being the same.

·
don't play well w others
3,657 Posts
Had the same problem when I used a zf in my 89 with a 93 floor pan.
I just trimmed the floor pan where the problem was and moved the boot over, used self drilling screws.
It didn't take much, and the boot still covered the hole

1 - 4 of 4 Posts