Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
4,239 Posts
Also, @JCart , please read this thread regarding autoenginuity not returning codes.

Reactions: JCart

· Registered
7,108 Posts
If I wanted to spend the money AE is the way to go. While FORScan will work AE will do so much more, but a person needs to learn how to operate it.

For years it was the go to for our trucks, but with a free version of FORScan it isn't that much anymore.

But I can pull up just as many threads on FORScan not working as you can where a person is having problems with AE. Most of it is user err.

· Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So what engine do you have in it? That would help in your signature.

It's easy enough to change the IPR. Try it. Costs only time, and you can rebuild them.
7.3… with 6.0 HFCM pump in it for fuel

· Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I believe it is fuse 30 on the older ones, @Hendy, but the PCM has power so it won't be that.

@JCart - have you put a multimeter on every fuse?
Yaaaaas, not only that but cleaned the contacts and applied dialectic lube on each one including relays, PCM, IDM pins, plugs and injector VC plugs.

Reactions: Jax

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts
So, what are you going to do?

Get FORScan?
Change IPR?
Send pcm and idm for testing?
Troubleshoot why "fuel system is primed and pump is running, however pressure is not registering at regulator, which is set at 65psi +-. "?

· Registered
1,948 Posts
7.3… with 6.0 HFCM pump in it for fuel
Howdy! Glad to see you around again.
Just throwing it out there, I've had a run of bad electric fuel pumps lately, failed right out of the box. Some wouldn't build pressure, one had a bad check valve. Brand didn't seem to matter.
Asking more for my own curiosity, I'm sure you've thought about it, but have you pulled the return line and checked flow? Pressure tested the pump?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Howdy! Glad to see you around again.
Just throwing it out there, I've had a run of bad electric fuel pumps lately, failed right out of the box. Some wouldn't build pressure, one had a bad check valve. Brand didn't seem to matter.
Asking more for my own curiosity, I'm sure you've thought about it, but have you pulled the return line and checked flow? Pressure tested the pump?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Hey Blue-Truck-Nut97,
Have pulled return line and have flow, gonna see if my new liquid filled gauge mounted to Aeromotive 1000 fuel regulator is not working as it’s not registering pressure and yet have good flow on return line at pump. Have swapped 6.0 pump as well.

Reactions: Blue-Truck-Nut97

· Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So, what are you going to do?

Get FORScan?
Change IPR?
Send pcm and idm for testing?
Troubleshoot why "fuel system is primed and pump is running, however pressure is not registering at regulator, which is set at 65psi +-. "?
Plan is to test fuel regulator with a verified liquid filled gauge and swap regulator and pump if needed. I suspect we still have air in HPO rails so pull off x over line connecting heads and bleed any air out via oil rail plugs. May swap out IPR pending above and scanning results (HPO) with current AutoEnginuity.

Reactions: Jax

· Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks for the support and suggestions Fellas, finally got it to fire up.
Using AutoEnginuity it showed no codes in the main DTC menu, I went to systems menu and ran a KOEO test and P1283 popped up, it is an IPR circuit fault. Ran ohms/ continuity on IPR and harness back to PCM all were good. Swapped in a spare proven PCM yaaaas fired right up! Yay!
So to recap new 205/30 injectors, new HPOP (think it’s an Adrenaline), new bellows up pipes, new KC stage 2 turbo with A/R 0.84 exhaust, rebuilt 6.0 HFCM (fuel pump). 7.3 aluminum tank IC, with Stoffer (sp?) IC piping. Fresh rebuilt ZF-5, with new South Bend twin disc clutch, new drive shafts.
Gear is mounted in a 97 CCSB with Dana 60 with SD springs front and rear, air locker front end too, that is in excellent shape body wise, it’s been sitting for 9 years and is really a nice truck.
Thanks again
j

· Premium Member
1995 Ford F-350 7.3 PSD
346 Posts
Thanks for the support and suggestions Fellas, finally got it to fire up.
Using AutoEnginuity it showed no codes in the main DTC menu, I went to systems menu and ran a KOEO test and P1283 popped up, it is an IPR circuit fault. Ran ohms/ continuity on IPR and harness back to PCM all were good. Swapped in a spare proven PCM yaaaas fired right up! Yay!
So to recap new 205/30 injectors, new HPOP (think it’s an Adrenaline), new bellows up pipes, new KC stage 2 turbo with A/R 0.84 exhaust, rebuilt 6.0 HFCM (fuel pump). 7.3 aluminum tank IC, with Stoffer (sp?) IC piping. Fresh rebuilt ZF-5, with new South Bend twin disc clutch, new drive shafts.
Gear is mounted in a 97 CCSB with Dana 60 with SD springs front and rear, air locker front end too, that is in excellent shape body wise, it’s been sitting for 9 years and is really a nice truck.
Thanks again
j
I'm glad you got it all figured out

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts

· Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What did you do with your old one?
Hey Jax, I’ll look at sending it off for repair I’m thinking. I have acquired a number of IDMs and PCMs over the years so in no huge rush… at least today heh.
j

Reactions: Hendy
21 - 32 of 32 Posts