Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my pass side up pipe(the original was badly worn) and both donuts while rebuilding my turbo and installing a 100 housing and 7+7 billet wheel. But when I torqued my up pipe donuts "best I could", holy **** that job was horrible. I could not get the donuts to torque down all the way. I have maybe an 1/8-3/16" of gap between the Y and the flanges that crush the donuts. Are they supposed to be tightened down til they close the gap?(I believe they were when I removed them)?
Next, both manifolds had Loose bolts on the rear cylinders, and were thus leaking... a lot... This is a new to me truck so I'm unsure how long it's been like that. But what do you guys recommend for getting my manifolds sealed back up. I wish I had come here first, If I had known to get bellowed up pipes I would have done that, so I figure I'd ask about what to do with manifolds before I run out to the dealer and hand them a credit card for the parts they recommend.
Thanks a ton. I'm in a bit of a hurry to get this thing going as it's my only vehicle and I'm not sure I want to keep driving as is, so I have posted this on another forum as well.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Felpro gaskets for the mating surfaces between manifold and block is what I used. Stock there is no gasket. Use stock Ford bolts to replace, is what I did, also use a quality anti seize paste on threads. There will be a small gap as I recall between Y and up pipe (where you'll see the doughnut). Not uncommon for the rear driver's manifold bolt heads to heat up and pop off causing a leak.

hope that helps.

j

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps a ton, thanks, a local autozone has the felpro gaskets in stock and I'm on my way to go get them. I'll report back on how they work. Right now the leak is still pretty bad after re torquing the bolts. I'll throw a straight edge and see how warped they are. Hopefully don't need machining.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts