Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Friends,

A while back I posted a thread on this and could not find it to continue so I am starting this one. After parking my F350 over night, the next day I could start it but it would not go over 1000 rpm and sputtered. There was no CEL. I have replace the throttle petal with new TPS and I have removed the tuner chip to eliminate this. I made sure the oil was full. I also replaced the CPS. The truck will now start, but now it will smoothly go up to 1400 rpm with no sputter, but sounds nice and smooth. Would replacing or cleaning the Exhaust back pressure sensor help? It doesn't appear to be fowled up. I'm just at a loss at this time.

Thanks to All

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Check the exhaust back pressure valve , it may be stuck shut . My 1997 had this issue when I first got it . It had similar symptoms as yours . Also as the injectors get mileage/ age on then they don’t want to function correctly and allow the engine to rev out . Some call it “stiction” I call it worn out injectors lol ..... does the truck run any better if you were to let it warm up a bit ? Is it an automatic or 5 speed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that suggestion, I will check the EBPV and see what happens. As far as the injectors they are all recently rebuilt and I have been using additives for stiction prevention.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I finally took it to the shop. Couldn't get it running. It wouldn't start when I went to have it towed yesterday.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Well, I finally took it to the shop. Couldn't get it running. It wouldn't start when I went to have it towed yesterday.

Let us know what they find out , it’s very helpful for future diagnosis....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
622 Posts
I know I am late to the party....I went thru several Throttle Position Sensor's on the pedal...some didn't work at all, truck would only idle and 1 Dorman did work but not well...went and bought the Ford assembly and it made a huge difference....Go Speed Go....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts