Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations or input is greatly appreciated. I have a 1997 7.3 powerstroke that I got about a month ago it is my first diesel and is 4x4. Also a automatic. So far I have bought a 4 inch turbo back exhaust and ts6 chip. But I want to build the motor up and make all those Cummins and dirty max boys ashamed of their rig. I have money to blow and want top notch stuff. What do y'all think I should buy for it? I'll ditch the ts as well if needed.

·
Administrator
8,253 Posts
How much cash do you have. A tranny is $6500 alone.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The TS chip will work with Asome of the better tuners out there i.e. Gearhead Jellibuilt or SKD as you do your build. I've found the best trans for the money is either BTS or Dorsey diesel ( sold through Irate diesel performance). As a bit of advice go to Irates web page it will give you a lot of info on building your obs. Matt has one of the stoutest 7.3s out there.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Ditch the ts for a hydra.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you want to play with the cummins and duramax boys, you might want to trade in your 7.3.

It will take a ton of money to even be decent and then it will just be avg. especially compared to the newer trucks. there are some fast 7.3's but they were built for working.

sorry, didn't pay attention to the date of the thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts