Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a long story, but the short of it is that I had a 96 PSD setup in a 78 Bronco, and I basically took all the wiring, computer, etc etc out of the 96 (automatic), and put it in my 78 Bronco (5 speed). But now I have an 01 PSD from an Ambulance van, and trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Couple Q's:
-How compatible is the PCM tuning? (I've got a chip on the 96 PCM)
-Will there be any issues with possible sensors being different?
-How similar is the wiring harness? the van's plug looks like it goes to the passenger side. And I know the VC gaskets are different, can I use the 96 style with 96 harness? are any sensors different/added?
-Can I do any mods to the AD injectors, along the lines of DIY stage 2's? I've got extra AA's laying around if that makes a difference

Anything else noteworthy?? Thanks in advance!

oh btw, i picked up the 01 motor (240k on it) for 500 clams :D

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
the pcms are different in not just the sensors but the pinout on the pcms go to different things. that may not be the tech way of saying it. but if your gonna convert your bronco from the 96 and drop in the 01 I would check to see if you have forged or pmrs. as for the ADS. . . . I wouldnt use them just for the fact that they are splits and require some oil.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, yes, thanks you, almost forgot about them powdered metal rods...anyone know the serial numbers?

And I'm liking the 17* HPOP, also it looks like since the fuel bowl is above the HPOP, couldn't I stack another one behind it without having to relocate anything? well, thinking of putting hte 17* in my 95 f350, and dual 15*'s in the 01/78 Bronco...

As for the PCM, I'm trying to use the 96 PCM and harness with the 01 motor. I've got a complete 95 motor in pieces I can use, so I'd like to get the best stuff together

(And just in case it's confusing, I have 3 PSD motors, and two trucks...a 95 F350 with a 96 motor, and a 78 Bronco with no motor...the 95 motor is in pieces, while the 01 is still complete)

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Im not sure how much of a difference there will be since Im sure there will be more sensors on the 01 that will not be used since your gonna use the 96 pcm, as far as using 2 15* pumps. . . . I was once told by someone that the dual pumps that are sold by certin vendors on here and other sites are just a 17* pump and a 15* pump together. . . . honestly I would just go with an adrenaline.

as for the rods there is a thread on here about it and how to check.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I'll srch for that post

As for the HPOP's, well I've got 3 15* pumps and the 17*, and only two motors....Was thinking the 17* on the 96 f350 b/c that's my Daily, and the dual 15*'s on the 78/01 Bronco b/c that's the play toy. I'm too stubborn to buy a pump, plus I has a muh-cheen chop at my disposal, and more importantly, a CNC machinist that owe's me a favor :p...

As for the sensors I'm mainly worried about whether or not they should work right...like, do they read the same values and should the connectors be the same? etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts