Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my truck earlier and it seemed like the engine started to studder. If i push it more on the throttle itll slowly work through, the turbo would spool, and it would slowly start to make the power it usually does. But driving under 2,000rpm where im just cruising it would seem like the motor is studdering and at slower speeds or going up a hill it would make the truck shake. I know its the motor itself because at idle it studders also. Please help asap thanks!

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
The first thing to do is to pull the chip and see how it runs. Other than that you need a scanner that can read Fords live data while the truck is running.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first thing to do is to pull the chip and see how it runs. Other than that you need a scanner that can read Fords live data while the truck is running.

my chip has a position that puts the truck to stock and it still ran like crap. It has a new fuel filter i put in this past weekend. Do you think i still should pull the chip?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know if it is it. Might be, truck runs like complete crap its hard for it to build up enough power to speed up. How could i check if it is the exhaust valve

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
If the chip is malfunctioning it may be doing it in the stock setting also, that is why you need to pull the chip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts