Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am kind of in a grind. I need to replace just about everything under the front end of my truck (ball joints, tie rods, steering box, and anything else that wears out after 200k miles).

Well I know Moog is the obvious #1 choice but would buying the parts cheap off ebay be a TERRIBLE idea? I ask this because i can't exactly afford all top of the line stuff and the front end is getting VERY bad. Its to the point where the steering binds up and stuff. I can do the labor end of it, but Schwabs and highway tire want around 2 grand to do all this....

Any cheap alternatives i will look into! Even used parts to be honest. I am nearly desperate to get it fixed

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Well I am kind of in a grind. I need to replace just about everything under the front end of my truck (ball joints, tie rods, steering box, and anything else that wears out after 200k miles).

Well I know Moog is the obvious #1 choice but would buying the parts cheap off ebay be a TERRIBLE idea? I ask this because i can't exactly afford all top of the line stuff and the front end is getting VERY bad. Its to the point where the steering binds up and stuff. I can do the labor end of it, but Schwabs and highway tire want around 2 grand to do all this....

Any cheap alternatives i will look into! Even used parts to be honest. I am nearly desperate to get it fixed
i bought the cheap ebay stuff to go under the front of my 04 dually and it didn't even last a full month, i know what ur sayin though, i ended up buyin 300$ worth of mogul ball joints to put under the front of it, id say you would be much better off just spending the money u have on the good stuff

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought the cheap ebay stuff to go under the front of my 04 dually and it didn't even last a full month, i know what ur sayin though, i ended up buyin 300$ worth of mogul ball joints to put under the front of it, id say you would be much better off just spending the money u have on the good stuff
Alright thanks. At least now i know something about the ebay specials! That helps a lot....

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I wasnt going to comment on that lol. Anyone who thinks Moog is junk is NUTZ
Put a Spicer ball joint side by side to a Moog and then you make your determination. Put a Ford OEM drag link side by side to a Moog and then make your determination.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
207 Posts
I haven't had much luck with chassis parts from Moog either. I rebuilt the front axle under my 350 last year and bought everything from XRP. My first time using XRP, will see how it holds up. Nothing wrong with OEM stuff though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts