Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first off im new to the site and im looking at a 96 5 speed 2wd reg cab it has 33" tires and some mods i have never really heard of. First he said it has a cummins turbo on it. . . says it spools up at lower rpm:confused: i would think its a smaller turbo seeing how displacment is way different. . ? second he said it has shaved injectors?. . . .. someone fill me in? i wanna buy a powerstroke bad this one has 198k . . i think 3k cash will buy the truck seems likea good deal to me cab fenders and doors are solid box min. rust thanks for the help!:ford:

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Without pics it's hard to give an opinion. Heres mine, I would take this as a sign, like CAUTION. There are plenty of very good trucks in your price range. Do you want a 2wd? reg cab? stick? 33's? crew? dually? Heres some I just pulled up in like 2mins.

95 f250 powerstroke

1995 ford f350 super duty dually

1996 Ford F-250 XLT Powerstroke 7.3 V8 Extended Cab Long Bed
This one says firm but he'll take $3300.

1996 FORD F-250 XLT EX-CAB 7.3 DIESEL NO RUST!

1995 F-250 powerstroke

1995 Ford F250 Diesel Ext Cab

94 FORD F350 CREW CAB

Oh... :welcome:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first off thanks for the help guys i kinda like a few of those trucks you posted but my price range is 3k to 3.5k thats all i have to spend so if i have to travel to get it i got 3k but only thing im stuck on is a 5 speed and reg cab 2 or 4 wheel i would like a stick for power down the road and a reg cab for its weight thanks again for the help and im even looking for a powerstroke that maybe needs work. . . . prefer good engine. . unless the price is right thanks again!:ford:

·
Davey B
930 Posts
I would prolly steer clear of the one you were talking about, it kinda sounds like its been hacked on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i was thinking that too but i cant get much for the $2500 $3500 range i might take a look at it if its still for sale in another week or 2 but now im kinda on the prowl again if anyone knows of anytrucks sitting around that might be for sale please let me know thanks!:bowfast:

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you get a stick you will probably be putting money into flywheel/clutch sooner than later. Try to stay away from "chipped" trucks or trucks with "cold air intakes". And IMO if your gonna get an OBS get a 350, that way you get the solid front axle. But the price range your talking about seems fair. I just bought my 94 F350 reg cab. long box. 4x4 with 137k for 4700 green stamps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks guys i planned on if i bought a stick to put a clutch and flywheel in it before i did anything else its just i have gad a obs in the past and had alot of auto trans problems so i fugured i better get a stick lol :ford:

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
I have never heard of putting a cummins turbo on a powerstroke?? Idk why you would wanna do that IMO I think our garett turbos are way better than the holsets on cummins.?? I have never heard of shaved injectors either? Is the truck red with a new bed that slightly different colored than the rest of the truck??

1996 f-350 Diesel

If that is the truck let me know ASAP. I know about this truck personally.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have never heard of putting a cummins turbo on a powerstroke?? Idk why you would wanna do that IMO I think our garett turbos are way better than the holsets on cummins.?? I have never heard of shaved injectors either? Is the truck red with a new bed that slightly different colored than the rest of the truck??

1996 f-350 Diesel

If that is the truck let me know ASAP. I know about this truck personally.
I don't know how that couldn't be the truck he's talking about

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
I don't know how that couldn't be the truck he's talking about
haha I was just making sure.

This guy who is selling the truck has no idea what hes talking about my buddy went and looked at the truck and it has a stock turbo that the guy spray painted to make it loook aftermarket, and idk anbout anyone else but I have NEVER heard of shaving injectors and turbo fins??... so idk I would not recommend buying it but its up to you..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts