Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all so I have a 1996 powerstroke and just yesterday I noticed an annoying chime coming from under the dash. It happens when I'm on the gas or rpms go up. It's responsive to the throttle. If I'm on it harder the noise gets louder. If i let loose of the throttle slowly the chime responds by getting quites. If that makes sense it's like someones turning the volume up and down on a radio but it happens with the throttle! What the heck is going on. I've had it happen before with gas engines but the noise comes threw the radio. Like an old 76 Chevy 350. But I don't think my noise is in the speakers cause it happens when the radio is on or off.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
If you have a chime that is RPM controlled then it is aftermarket and not stock.

I've never heard of anything like it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a chime that is RPM controlled then it is aftermarket and not stock.

I've never heard of anything like it.
Ugh it's just annoying! The truck was bone stock till I did new injectors and chip. It's transmitting threw like a chime maybe a warning buzzer or maybe even the speaker i guess since i have had it happen before with a bad speaker in an old truck.

·
Administrator
8,349 Posts
how about a video so we can hear it?

i have an idea what it is, but want to hear it to be sure.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
You need to post the video on another site such as Youtube and then link to it.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
That isn't a chime it is more like a whine of metal on metal or a bearing that is going out that increases with RPM's

I would be checking the turbo bearings real close.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts