Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Not completely stoopid
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting this leak down for a while but it seems like tonight I found it. I wiped down the top of the motor and as much of the valley as I could reach but in some engine oil dye and ran the truck up to the river and back about 3 miles or so. Got back home parked her and climbed up to take a look and I found a spot about half way down the oil rail(right behind the first freeze plug) all the way back and then pooling in the valley. So my question is is the head and high pressure oil rail one piece? If not what would the seal im looking to replace be called? I shined a uv light on there and it was very clearly coming from that spot I saw nothing underneath or on the turbo pedestal and the fresh oil was only glowing on the drivers side head and in the back of the valley by the drain. Sorry if I didn't do the best describing it but I can find a picture and circle the area if need be. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The HP Oil Rail is cast into the head. There is a big plug on each end of the head (these are probably not your oil-in-the-valley issue). There will be O-rings at the valley-side ports for the ICP sensor, the HP Oil hose from the HPOP to the head, and the unused ports. Post a picture if you can. Cheers!

·
Not completely stoopid
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am starting to suspect the front plug in the unused port is my culprit. I found a picture online and tried to circle where the leak is. Its about an inch back from that first plug and leaks all the way to the end along the intake plenum then down into the valley where its pooling at the rear valley drain hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Those are sealed with an oring.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Not completely stoopid
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I had spare o rings from replacing the o-ring on the high pressure line a few months ago as I suspected it was the culprit. I just took out the front driverside plug and put a new o-ring on and tightened it up and no leak right now I'll put her to the test tomorrow when I drive it to physical therapy. Now to chase down the squeaking in my front left tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts