Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here we go. The the other morning going to work my truck acted like it was running out of fuel so I switched tanks to the totally full one. It continued to increase rpm and decrease speed eventually dying. It would not start period after that, no smoke, nothing. Towed it home and replaced the very nasty fuel filter and CPS. Cranked on it forever with battery booster and jumper cablescus the batteries were crap after all that. Was smokin like crazy and finally lit up. Initially sounded like they do after running out of fuel and began to smooth out but not near like it should. Took it down the street and the rpms were running up high and it would finally shift real hard. Not long afterward it died again. Towed it home and pulled the EBP sensor and tube, cleaned them out, reinstalled and still wonk start. Cranks like it should and smokes like crazy but just won't catch. That's where I am now. Please advise!

Took out 9 month old CPS that was $150 and replaced with O'Rielly $26.
Also threw a P0472 (exhaust pressure sensor low) a while back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went through 2 BWD sensors and neither of them would even make my truck fire. I went to international and picked one up 10 minutes later everything fired like it was brand new. That was just my experience with those.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where's a good place to pick up International parts?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
International dealer or Ford. Don't even bother buying another part store special CPS. They are junk. I have read thread after thread after thread of guys who buy the part store brand be it BWD or Dorman or whoever only to have it fail time after time or not work at all. I don't know where you bought one for 150 bucks but you got ripped off. The Ford/International part isn't even near that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts