Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be picking up a spare motor to either build and put in my truck if mine or my brother has been having a lot of issues with his as of late and it possibly has either head gasket or a cracked head/block so he may end up with it.

Right now the guy is asking 750 for it and it has 180k on it, I don't have compression numbers but was told he pulled for a cummins conversion and is complete other than fuel bowl. Whats everyone's thought on the price.

I understand I will be switching all the manifolds,up pipes, intake plenums hpop and plugging the fuel pump and not worried about all that. I see mention of having to change the front cover, some say 96 and up is all the same while others say 97 and up are the same cover. I was curious as to why the front cover has to be changed out would rather not pull the oil pan unless I really need to.

·
rock blower upper
242 Posts
no need to change front cover, unless you change hpop resovoir,

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
The OBS fuel bowl will not hold the pressure of a electric fuel system so you would need to pick up one from a 99+ truck or go aftermarket.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats good to know I thought I read somewhere that the SD fuel bowl will not mount up on an OBS, if I end up picking that engine up I have a spare fuel bowl that I can test fit first.

·
rock blower upper
242 Posts
I shoul d have refrased that
you will have to use the SD hpop res to mount the fuel bowl, but use the same style gasket as on the 96 motor

there are like 3 or 4 different styles.if the wrong one is put in, it will crack the housing.
I put a sd hpop res on a 96 a few times when going to e fuel
run the sd hpop as it is a 17degree

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I will look into that I had saw how one of the gaskets can cause the pump to crack just didnt realize I could run the SD reservoir as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts